Thursday 21 January 2016

After the sleepover

It was a quiet morning here yesterday, with the girls away on a sleepover, and the boys sleeping in for most of the morning as they'd stayed up playing The Lego Movie game until late. It was raining too which was fantastic, there really hasn't been much rain at all this summer and it was lovely to be out in it, letting the chickens out, checking on my plants etc. 

I was able to get heaps done since I had so much time to myself. I sorted out a lot of the stuff that was piled in our walk in wardrobe, so Tony can now easily get to his work clothes, and heaps of stuff has been put away, put in the op shop pile, or recycled. I also helped Winky get a rat out of the bathroom - she killed it then had no idea what to do with it, it was so much bigger than anything else she's killed before. I'm not happy with the idea that we had a rat inside, although very pleased that Winky was able to take care of it.

When the boys woke up they kept playing games on the xbox. I made them some French Toast for breakfast and had some myself after lunch - hadn't made it for ages and it was fun (and so yummy!). I also made lots of butter with the cream I'd bought on Monday, and doing lots of batches meant I could experiment with adding different amounts of oil and salt and see which version we like the most (I'd prefer no oil, but it does help it spread better, so figured I'd try and find the optimal amount). 

Mid afternoon the girls came back and everyone had a bit of a play here, before the others went home, and everyone collapsed a bit - late nights for everyone and being out of their comfort zone can be exhausting. I got everyone some ice cream (and made some home made stuff for me and Caitlin, with cream and frozen banana and frozen raspberries), and we watched tv, played with the animal/fish puzzle, played on the iPad and had a very relaxed afternoon. Millie wanted to watch Toy Story 3 and the others wanted to watch Modern Family so they went into my bedroom and Millie and I watched in the lounge room. I made some pasta for tea and took it to everyone where they were. Millie and I moved Snowy and the chicks, which was a little scary because Buckley decided to help and made it much much harder! Once the movie was finished Millie wanted to play Toy Story 3 on the playstation, so I played with her until LiAM came back out, then he took over. Caitlin watched the Heartland Christmas Special on the Heartland series we currently have out, and everyone went off to bed fairly easily once that was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment