Saturday 30 January 2016

Rainy Friday

The kids were all up relatively early, the others coming in from the bus when they woke up and my kids getting up when they heard their voices. Millie had really wanted to play Toy Story 3 on the Playstation with one of the other boys, so they did that as soon as they were both awake. The 3 boys and Millie then played Minecraft and then Terraria for a while, then the boys played Halo again. The bigger girls woke a bit later, and hung out in Caitlin's room. L and I had a cuppa and chatted some more, then H arrived to play with the kids. She and Millie played Minecraft for ages.

L took all the big girls into Healesville to do a few things while the boys kept playing. I pottered around tidying things up while everyone was occupied. The kids had some fruit and sandwiches, and after lunch our friends headed off, planning to make their way up the coast to Sydney over the next few days. LiAM and Caitlin both pretended to stowaway in their bus, it would be so great if we could see them more often or for longer - but love seeing them anytime for any amount of time.

H played Monopoly with Millie for a while, then she drove home with me. Tony had been scheduled to work at 10am, and then was pushed back to 5pm, so I was able to leave the kids at home with him while I took H. Once we got to her place I had a chat to my friend and the kids showed me some cool stuff they'd bought. From there I went to Lilydale to get LiAM's medicine and do a quick grocery shop - getting to the shops at 3pm on a rainy Friday afternoon of the first week back at school wasn't a great idea - there were people and cars everywhere, and everything took way longer than I'd expected. I managed to get groceries and medication ok, then back via Yarra Glen library to finally pick up Caitlin's on-hold books and return some things, and then home just in time for Tony to go to work.

The girls watched Saddle Club in my room, followed by some Barbie movies (they'd already watched one while I was gone) and LiAM and I watched Highlander - which was my favourite movie for a very long time. It has aged somewhat, still loved it though and found it interested which details I had remembered and what I'd forgotten. All the kids then watched the Bugs Bunny and Road Runner movie - and LiAM read every bit of text that came up in the movie. It's the first time he's been able to read everything and not asked for help - and I don't think he even realised that he did it. After the movie Caitlin did her nails, LiAM played his monster game and Millie played on the tablet for a while, then everyone headed to bed without much fuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment